Confirmed by Trump insider: 'Trump TV' is Plan B after election

Source: Washington Examiner | September 6, 2016 | Myra Adams

….

Trump’s impending defeat is leading to a chorus of media speculation about his post-election plans. The two most oft-cited assumptions are:

Trump will not quietly fade into the background.

Trump will eventually launch a “Trump TV” media venture.

After speaking with a well-informed Trump insider (name asked to be withheld), I can confirm that both assumptions are true.

Let’s take a deeper dive.

Given Trump’s addiction to media attention, it is impossible to believe that after November 8, he will retreat quietly into his Fifth Avenue tower presiding over board meetings with no television cameras. After all, this is the A-list celebrity businessman who, in his first attempt at elective office crafted a simple message, tapped into national angst and galvanized a powerful movement of passionate “fed-up” voters. Along the way he captured countless hours of free media coverage, leveraged social media to the max, defeated his numerous primary opponents and parlayed all his talents into winning the Republican Party’s presidential nomination.

….

Supporting the supposition that Trump will not retreat from the political limelight stands the true reason: Continuing the fight against “Crooked Hillary” represents a potentially lucrative business opportunity wrapped in face-saving and patriotism.

….

But, according to the Trump insider who told me that if Trump loses this media project is definitely in the works the brand may be “Trump” but the driving force has a different last name. “It’s all Jared” my contact stated emphatically.

“Jared” of course is Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s husband who also doubles as Donald Trump’s de facto campaign manager.

Kushner is already running a media company as owner and publisher of the Observer. With an eye toward the next big family project, apparently Jared is spending large amounts of campaign resources on voter data analytics. “Just look at Trump’s Federal Election Commission reports,” says the Trump insider.

….

But my Trump insider downplays Bannon’s involvement in a future Trump TV/internet venture, insisting that Jared will lead the way. Offering more insight, my contact says it is unlikely that Trump will star in or host most of the programming given Trump’s problem with “attention span.” Certainly, Trump will be the face of the venture and its flagship programming, but he will appear “no more than once a day or even once a week.”

This leaves much room for programming to capture the attention of Trump’s love for “poorly educated” voters turned viewers. Eventually, after hours of raging against Hillary grows old, here are a few suggestions for Trump TV/internet entertainment:

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.