Constitution rockets up best-seller list after Khan speech

Source: The Hill | August 1, 2016 | Jesse Byrnes

Amid all the attention paid to Khizr Khan’s speech slamming Donald Trump at the Democratic National Convention last week, a big winner has emerged: pocket-sized Constitutions.

The $1 paperback copy of the Constitution, published by the Idaho-based National Center for Constitutional Studies, has surged up the best-seller list on Amazon.

The 52-page booklet was near the top of the list on Monday, second only to “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child,” which was released over the weekend.

Khan displayed his copy of the 228-year-old document during his speech at the Democratic National Convention last Thursday blasting the GOP presidential nominee.

“Donald Trump, you’re asking us to trust you with our future. Let me ask you. Have you even read the United States Constitution?” Khan asked during his speech.

He pulled his pocket-sized Constitution from his suit coat, holding it up and saying to huge applause, “I will gladly lend you my copy.”

….

Another, larger version of the Constitution was also in the top 15 best-sellers on Amazon. Free digital copies of the Constitution are easily available online and for iBooks and Kindle.

Others have tried tapping into the uptick in interest: the U.S. Government Publishing Office promoted its version for $1.50, and the American Civil Liberties Union also released free copies of a pocket-sized Constitution.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.