Cops fear for Ted Cruz safety as they offer to step up protection for senator…

Source: UK Daily Mail | July 21, 2016 | Geoff Earle

EXCLUSIVE: Cops fear for Ted Cruz safety as they offer to step up protection for senator after his refusal to endorse Trump led to fury at the convention

– Capitol Police have offered to beef up Cruz’s security detail after angry confrontations on the floor of the GOP convention Wednesday night
– Cruz was flanked by two presidential-style security personnel as he addressed furious state delegates from Texas
– The guards scanned the crowd and kept close guard on the Texas lawmaker
– Cruz lost his Secret Service detail after he dropped out of the presidential race, but still employs his own security guards
– Ohio is an ‘open carry’ state, although there has been pressure from city lawmakers to clamp down for the convention
– Lawmaker: ‘Regardless of whether you’re Ted Cruz or Joe the Plumber, you’re not safe from a madman’
– Representative: ‘Sometimes martyrs choose to do this and I think we ought to work together as a team’

The U.S. Capitol Police have offered to provide additional security protection for Texas Senator Ted Cruz following angry confrontations on the floor of the GOP convention in Cleveland, a law enforcement source tells DailyMail.com.

The offer of extra protection came hours after Cruz left the Quicken Loans Arena Wednesday night being subjected to taunts and boos after he refused to endorse Donald Trump and instead urged Americans to vote their ‘conscience.’

His wife, Heidi Cruz, had to be hustled out of the arena by a Cruz supporter fearful for her security.

Cruz addressed Texas delegates Thursday morning and got furious blowback from Trump supporters and even some of his own backers, as they yelled out at him and demanded answers for why he wouldn’t endorse Trump outright.

When he appeared, Cruz was flanked by two security agents who stood guard and kept a close eye on delegates decked out in white cowboy hats and red, white, and blue outfits.

….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8417

kleindropper #8418

The RNC has turned downright disgusting. Any thinking conservative needs to seriously consider a move to a new party and let the Trumpublican party wither on the vine.

EVERYDAY #8424

Trump and his minions are now terrorists. Of course, like Black Lives Matter, the JustUs Department will turn a blind eye.

slhancock1948 #8426

I have now become #NeverGOP! Goodbye to the worst kind of betrayal that I have ever witnessed. This is unbelievable! We are going down fast and the Trump party will have blood on their hands. If he is assassinated, I can see parties in the streets with Trump saying he deserved it.

America has totally lost its way. We need to continue to bond in prayer and righteous works so that we do not share their blame.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.