Could You Stomach the Horrors of 'Halftime' in Ancient Rome?

Source: Live Science | February 4, 2016 | Cristin O

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Golem #592

The enormous arena was empty, save for the seesaws and the dozens of condemned criminals who sat naked upon them, hands tied behind their backs. Unfamiliar with the recently invented contraptions known as petaurua, the men tested the seesaws uneasily. One criminal would push off the ground and suddenly find himself 15 feet in the air while his partner on the other side of the seesaw descended swiftly to the ground. How strange.

In the stands, tens of thousands of Roman citizens waited with half-bored curiosity to see what would happen next and whether it would be interesting enough to keep them in their seats until the next part of the “big show” began.

More

rodamala #596

Idiocracy is upon us… see FR for proof.

slhancock1948 #610

Unbelievable how callous people can be to stuff like this. The blood of many, convicted criminals, or not, will still be on their hands. Sobering!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

slhancock1948 #612

Yes, it is. I posted an open letter to Dr. Carson there and except for a couple people who agreed and thanked me, the rest would’ve scalped me had I been in a room with them. I just read headlines sometimes and not often now. It is not worth losing my joy over.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.