Cruz calls on rivals to drop out

Source: Politico | March 5, 2016 | Eliza Collins

Ted Cruz, celebrating a big win in Kansas, said on Saturday that it’s time for Marco Rubio and John Kasich to drop out and for their supporters to rally behind him.

“We’ll continue to amass delegates but what needs to happen is the field needs to continue to narrow,” Cruz said during a press conference Saturday night, adding that he hopes the remaining candidates who are underperforming will ask themselves, “Do I have a path coming forward?”

“If we’re divided, Donald wins,” he said.

The Texas senator has been advertising himself as the candidate best placed to beat Donald Trump, who is threatening to run away with the GOP nomination after a string of big wins. During a speech at his watch party in Idaho, Cruz said that Saturday’s results showed people “uniting and standing as one behind this candidate.”

“Let me speak to folks at home who may have been supporting another candidate when this all got started,” Cruz said. “Maybe right now you’re supporting Marco Rubio or John Kasich. What is becoming more and more clear is if you want to beat Donald Trump we have to stand united as one. That is happening in Idaho and across the country. And if you were supporting someone else let me tell you we welcome you to our team. We welcome you and embrace you because if we stand united that’s how we win this primary, it’s how we win the general, it’s how we turn the country around.”

….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2185

slhancock1948 #2188

I know. I saw a headline at Brietbart that was giving the big win to Trump. Seriously? When Cruz had an upset win in both ME and KS? KY and LA are not that far apart, and Kasich and Rubio are both polling strongly behind Cruz in KY.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Consistent #2190

rodamala #2193

Kasich & Rubio will remain in as spoilers at least to their homestate primaries.

I really wish someone had a simulation of exactly how this is most likely to play out… like Floriduh will undoubtedly go Drumpf with Rubio staying in it, which he will… something that considers the Blue States coming up where 100s of thousands of Rats will be voting Drumpf… there has to be a point where the spoilers have done permanent damage to the Republic by allowing Drumpf more delegates than he ever should have had.

Imagine if all 155 delegates in Texas went where they should have gone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.