Cruz Campaign Vetting Carly for VP

Source: Weekly Standard | April 25, 2016 | Michael Warren

Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign is vetting Carly Fiorina as a potential running mate, THE WEEKLY STANDARD has learned.

According to a spokeswoman for Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard CEO and one-time presidential candidate is being vetted by Cruz’s campaign.

“Normal stuff,” said Sarah Isgur Flores, who served as deputy campaign manager during Fiorina’s bid, when asked about the process. She added that Fiorina has met with members of the Cruz campaign and has given them financial disclosures and other documentation. Flores added that “no offers” have been made.

….

Update: Cruz campaign spokeswoman Alice Stewart provided a statement to TWS. “We’ve already announced publicly that we’re vetting prospecting VP nominees, but no selection has been made yet. When that decision has been made, we will share it.”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5188

madmaximus #5189

Cruz/Fiorina ??

I can live with that. Remember, Reagan had a liberal as VP.

Victoria #5190

She is smart and a good speaker. However, she doesn’t live in California any more to help Cruz in the general election for that state. She lives in Virginia with her husband. Generally, a VP is chosen to bring that state to the candidate. It almost always takes a majority of Florida and Ohio to win the presidency. That is why Kasich would be better than Fiorina as he brings Ohio.

EVERYDAY #5193

Not crazy about Fiorina or Kasich as VP, but Ted Cruz could do worse. He could pick Linda Graham. 😝

Consistent #5195

ConstitutionalConservative #5199

I think in the field of prospective VP’s if Cruz is going to pick an also ran; Carly is the best choice, she hasn’t always been the greatest conservative but every other also ran in this race is worse.

I think if Cruz picks Fiorina, Trump may pick Palin, if Trump really wants Sarah the vetting process would necessarily be lax. At any rate it would be an interesting battle (cat fight) for sure and one I think Carly would win hands down.

Then again Trump who never fails to extol that he will single handily make America great again, might just proclaim… We Don’t Need No Stinking VP!

CA Surveyor #5202

Beats Hitlery all to hell!

CA Surveyor #5203

Trump would have no use for a VP, he would need a “Viceroy.”

rodamala #5204

My dream ticket:

EVERYDAY #5205

Agreed. Colonel West would be a tremendous asset to a Cruz presidency. Or if not VP, certainly as Secretary of Defense

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.