Cruz DESTROYS Jeh Johnson After Catching Him in a Lie

Source: Conservative Review | June 30, 2016 | Robert Eno

Earlier today, Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson faced roughly ten minutes of questioning from Senator Ted Cruz, R-T.X. (A, 97%). During the testimony, Johnson repeated the administration’s line that it doesn’t matter what the terrorists are called, especially if it’s the word “Islamic.” Cruz tried to get Johnson on record answering the question of whether or not DHS purposely scrubbed Islamic from documents. The most shocking part of Johnson’s testimony, however, was near the end. Johnson blatantly lied about what the administration knew regarding the Fort Hood Jihadist, and when it knew it.

Watch:

Cruz: One, is it true or false that the administration knew before the attack that Nidal Hasan was communicating with Anwar al Awlaki?

Johnson: How are you defining the “Obama administration” sir?

Cruz: The Federal Bureau of Investigation

Johnson: The entire Federal Bureau of Investigation? I can’t answer that question sitting here. [unintelligible]

Cruz: The answer is yes, and it is in public record.

Senator Cruz is absolutely correct. Not only did the Obama administration know about Hasan’s communications, they shut down an investigation field agents wanted to conduct into Hasan’s behavior.

In The United States of Jihad: Investigating America’s Homegrown Terrorists, which I recently reviewed, Peter Bergen details in painstaking fashion what the Obama administration knew and when it learned that information. His information came from the public record.

….

It is disconcerting that the person charged with protecting the homeland from terrorism seemingly does not know the history. Worse yet, maybe he does know and doesn’t want to take it into account. The obfuscation that the Obama administration continues to engage in, is putting this country at further risk.

At another point in the hearing, Johnson told Cruz that it doesn’t matter what you call the jihadists as long as we’re killing them. Johnson further said:

The other point I’d like to make, and I need to think in practical terms in homeland security. I think this is all very interesting, it makes for good political debate. But in practical terms, if we in our efforts here in the homeland start giving the Islamic State the credence that they want to be referred to as part of Islam, or some form of Islam we will get nowhere with our efforts to build bridges with Muslim communities, which we need to do …

So in one breath Johnson says ISIS isn’t Islamic, in the other breath he says if we call ISIS Islamic adherents of Islam will be seduced by the Islamic nature of it.

Watch the whole hearing:

After Orlando, Al Qaeda gave new guidelines to jihadis. The group told sympathizersr to only attack white Christians so that their motives would not be questioned by the Obama administration.

The Obama administration seems to have, at its core, a need to protect the religion of Islam from anyone who seeks to attack what they deem it to be. It has penetrated all levels of the administration, and is putting American lives at risk. That is why Senator Cruz has continued to ask the tough questions, and why the administration continues to ignore and obfuscate them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.