Cruz: ‘Donald may do everything he can to encourage riots’

Source: The Hill | May 1, 2016 | Kyle Balluck

Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz in an interview broadcast Sunday rejected the notion that the nomination of a candidate other than front-runner Donald Trump would spark riots, but he said the billionaire may try to encourage them.

“No, it won’t, although Donald may do everything he can to encourage riots,” Cruz said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“The last contested convention we had in 1976, Ronald Reagan had a million more votes than Gerald Ford. But Gerald Ford got the votes of the majority of the delegates,” he said.

“If you look back to the very first Republican convention in 1860, our very first candidate for president, Abraham Lincoln, came into a contested convention, and he was second in the balloting. And on the third ballot, he won a majority. The test is to win a majority.”

Cruz said Trump “cannot win a majority.”

“Majorities matter. And it’s why Donald wants to change the rules and rig the system,” he added.

“You know, I’ll use a football analogy. If you’re on the 30-yard line, it’s not a touchdown. Donald right now is on the 30-yard line and he wants everyone to say, ‘Hey, the game is over because, you know, I’m past the 50.’ So what? He cannot earn a majority.”

…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5591

EVERYDAY #5593

I’ve already read a Trump goon’s Facebook post threatening riots of Trump doesn’t get the nomination. When I called him on it, he tried to backpedal, but it was obviously a threat.

I’m guessing those who complained about Obama’s thuggery must actually like it because they are willing to vote for another thug. Maybe they are hoping for a spot in Trump’s brown shirts regiment.

mostlyhomebound #5594

I think the stump cultist feel this way: “Donald may be a thug, a liar, a cheat, a thief, and a scoundrel, but he’s OUR thug, liar, cheat, thief, and scoundel.”

CA Surveyor #5602

When all you can come up with are 1/3 of the votes, riots look good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.