Cruz: Drafting women is 'nuts'

Source: Politico | February 7, 2016 | Katie Glueck

PETERBOROUGH, N.H.—Ted Cruz on Sunday said he opposes requiring women to register for a potential draft, breaking with Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush and Chris Christie, all of whom indicated support for opening up the Selective Service to women during Saturday night’s debate.

“I have to admit, as I was sitting there listening to that conversation, my reaction was, ‘Are you guys nuts?’” Cruz said Sunday, speaking at a town hall here. “Listen, we have had enough with political correctness, especially in the military. Political correctness is dangerous. And the idea that we would draft our daughters to forcibly bring them into the military and put them in close combat, I think is wrong, it is immoral, and if I am president, we ain’t doing it.”

To applause, Cruz went on to note that he is a father to two daughters, and he wants them to follow their dreams.

“But the idea that their government would forcibly put them in a foxhole with a 220-pound psychopath trying to kill them doesn’t make any sense at all,” he said.

….

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #671

ConstitutionalConservative #678

Cruz gets it on every issue, PC is the total opposite of Common Sense, Reason and Logic no other candidate is able to articulate the issues always employing those same three fundamental principles that are woven into the fabric of our constitution and the stalwart of the current conservative movement.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.