Cruz Earns Backing of Four Former California Republican Party Chairmen

Source: Cruz News | April 22, 2016 |

HOUSTON, Texas – Building on surging support among Republican Party activists and leaders in California, today the Cruz for President campaign announced the support of two more former Chairmen of the California Republican Party, John S. Herrington and Tirso del Junco. This brings to four the total number of former state party leaders supporting the Texas Senator.

“As a member of President Reagan’s cabinet, I’ve seen first-hand how a great leader can change the course of our nation. Ted Cruz is the proven conservative leader our country needs to lead us to prosperity once again,” said Herrington.

John S. Herrington served as President Reagan’s Assistant Secretary of the Navy from 1981-83, Deputy Assistant for Presidential Personnel from 1983-85, and Secretary of Energy for Reagan’s entire second term. Herrington then served as Chairman of the California Republican Party (CRP) from 1995-97.

“I am 100 percent behind Ted Cruz for President. As a fellow Cuban American, I believe he will lead the country back to the Reagan revolution,” said Del Junco.

Tirso Del Junco is the only Chairman to ever serve two non-consecutive terms as California Republican leader, from 1981-83 and 1993-95. Herrington and Del Junco join former CRP Chairmen Ron Nehring and Michael Schroeder on the Cruz team.

All four will be on Senator Cruz’s slate of California delegates to the Republican National Convention.

Last week Cruz announced the support of 50 current and former California Republican elected officials.

*Titles and affiliations are provided for identification purposes only.
*Additional reporting on these endorsements can be found here.

###

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.