Cruz: It is “Immoral” to Draft Women Into Close Combat in the Military

Source: Cruz News | February 7, 2016 |

PETERBOROUGH, New Hampshire – Presidential candidate Ted Cruz today announced his opposition to drafting women into combat in the U.S. military in remarks to an audience at a town hall in Peterborough, New Hampshire.

“We have had enough with political correctness, especially in the military. Political correctness is dangerous,” Cruz said. “And the idea that we would draft our daughters to forcibly bring them into the military and put them in close combat, I think, is wrong. It is immoral. I’m the father of two little girls, they are capable of doing anything they desire, but the idea that their government would forcibly put them in a foxhole doesn’t make any sense at all.”

Cruz’s comments follow the ABC Presidential Debate Saturday evening, where three other candidates voiced their support for the policy.

Sen. Cruz’s full remarks on the issue are as follows:

It was striking that three different people on that [debate] stage came out in support of drafting women into combat in the military. And I have to admit as I was sitting there listening to that conversation, my reaction was “Are you guys nuts?” Listen, we have had enough with political correctness, especially in the military. Political correctness is dangerous. And the idea that we would draft our daughters to forcibly bring them into the military and put them in close combat, I think is wrong. it is immoral and if I’m president, we ain’t doing it.

I’m the father of two little girls, I love those girls with all of my heart, they are capable of doing anything in their heart’s desire, but the idea that their government would forcibly put them in a foxhole with a 220 pound psychopath trying to kill them doesn’t make any sense at all. It is yet one more sign of this politically correct world, where we forget common sense. We got to get back to common sense, we’ve got to get back to a president that says, “No, that doesn’t make any sense.”

###

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #686

God bless Ted Cruz!

FinFlyer #691

Amen.

Drafting women into close combat in the military is disrespectful to men, and I say that as a woman who loves and respects men.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.