Cruz: No path to citizenship for Dreamers

Source: The Hill | January 25, 2018 | Morgan Gstalter

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Thursday rejected the idea of giving young immigrants in the country illegally a path to citizenship, one day after President Trump said he was open to the idea.

“I do not believe we should be granting a path to citizenship to anybody here illegally,” Cruz told reporters, according to Bloomberg. “Doing so is inconsistent with the promises we made to the men and women who elected us.”

“For some reason that to me is utterly inexplicable, we see Republicans falling all over themselves to gallop to the left of [former President] Obama in a way that is contrary to the promises made to the voters who elected us,” he added.

Trump on Wednesday said he was open to a path to citizenship for some immigrants in exchange for funding for a border wall and other security measures.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #21168

Consistent #21171

EVERYDAY #21197

What’s really funny is watching Trump fans twist themselves into knots over Ted Cruz. They really don’t know how they should feel about him from one day to the next. During, the primaries, Ted was the enemy that must be destroyed by any means necessary. Then Cruz endorsed Trump and pledged to work with him, so Ted was an ok guy. Now that he is opposed to this immigration compromise, I guess Trump fans aren’t sure how they should feel about Cruz now. Look for Cruz to become the enemy again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.