Cruz pulls support from Moore: Allegations merit ‘criminal prosecution’ if true

Source: The Hill | November 13, 2017 | Elliot Smilowitz

Sen. Ted Cruz on Monday withdrew his support from Alabama GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore, saying allegations of sexual misconduct should be looked at by prosecutors.

“As it stands, I can’t urge the people of Alabama to support a campaign in the face of these charges without serious, persuasive demonstration that the charges are not true,” the Texas Republican told reporters, according to a Texas Tribune reporter.

“Both last week and this week, there are serious charges of criminal conduct that if true, not only make him unfit to serve in the Senate but merit criminal prosecution,” he added.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #19940

Consistent #19946

EVERYDAY #19947

Sorry, Ted. You’re wrong on this one. None of these stories has been proven and Moore has not been tried or convicted of any crime. There are no corroborating witnesses and no corroborating evidence. Any prosecutor who tried to take this matter to court with no real evidence would be tossed out on his ear,

None of these stories pass the smell test, Just the fact that these allegations are being made now rather than 40 or so years ago when they allegedly occurred or perhaps at the very least when Moore was running in the primary makes these stories suspect.

Really unhappy that you of all people have rushed to judgment. I can remember when you were running for president and all those stories were spread around about you consorting with prostitutes – with not a shred of evidence to back them up — your supporters like me went to the mat defending you from such baseless accusations. Now that your party’s senatorial candidate is facing lurid, unsubstantiated charges, you show what a coward and hypocrite you are by throwing him under the bus. You and your colleagues should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Consistent #19948

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.