Cruz says people accusing him of sedition need to 'calm down'

Source: The Hill | January 3, 2021 | Zack Budryk

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Sunday called for critics of his challenge to the results of the presidential election to “tone down the rhetoric.”

“I think everyone needs to calm down,” Cruz, who on Saturday led a group of 11 GOP senators who said they would challenge the results of the presidential election in several states, said on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures.”

“I think we need to tone down the rhetoric. This is already a volatile situation. It’s like a tinderbox and throwing lit matches into it,” Cruz said.

Cruz criticized “hyperbole” and “angry language” in response to his statement Saturday, accusing Democrats of “urging that I should be arrested and tried for sedition and treason.”

“That’s not helpful … at a time when we’re pitted against each other. Just relax, and let’s do our jobs,” he said. “We have a responsibility to follow the law.”

Cruz and the other GOP senators have come under criticism for saying they would challenge the results, including from other Republicans. GOP Sens. Ben Sasse (Neb.) and Mitt Romney (Utah) have both said political ambition is outweighing principle in the challenges.

……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45868

Consistent #45869

“I think we need to tone down the rhetoric. This is already a volatile situation. It’s like a tinderbox and throwing lit matches into it,” Cruz said.

He is projecting, just like his ringmaster, Donald Trump.

Consistent #45870

Consistent #45871

Consistent #45897

EVERYDAY #45898

Ted, I’ll “calm down” when you, Trump and the rest of his accomplices are behind bars.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.