Cruz – Sean Hannity Clash

Source: Politico | 4.20.2016 | Nick Gass

Cruz blasts talking heads ‘in the tank for Trump’

Ted Cruz tore into talk-show hosts who are “in the tank” for Donald Trump on Wednesday while praising those who have been more favorable to him, hours after sparring with Fox News’ Sean Hannity over his campaign’s delegate effort.

“You’re not a whiner. I’ve not heard you go around shouting people are being unfair, but it is striking to me, specifically — I’ve watched interactions with people like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity on Fox,” Philadelphia radio host Chris Stigall said in an interview with the Texas senator Wednesday morning on 1210 WPHT. “They seem very clearly, I think, hostile toward you or sympathetic to Trump, which is fine. I just wish they’d be honest about it as all.”

Cruz remarked, “Well look, as you mention, I’m not a whiner … There are hosts who make the decision to go in the tank for Trump, and if they want to do that, that’s fine.”

Cruz praised Rush Limbaugh as “phenomenal,” adding, “I’m a huge fan of Rush’s.” 

“Mark Levin and Glenn Beck have been incredible,” he continued. 

Levin has endorsed Cruz and said he would never vote for Trump, and Beck has been a staunch supporter of Cruz’s campaign, stumping for him in Iowa and elsewhere.

“But listen, every host has a responsibility to their audience, and if they are a conservative, they have a responsibility to their principles,” Cruz remarked. “You know, I’m not going to engage in the sort of battle of personalities. What I am going to do is what I’ve done from Day One: focus on substance and the issues.”

Cruz clashed with Hannity during a 14-minute appearance on his Fox News program Tuesday night, in which the Texas senator tried to steer the discussion toward issues as Hannity pressed him on Trump’s allegations about his delegate operations. 

“Senator, I’ve asked you those questions a hundred times,” Hannity said at one point, when Cruz insisted that the host focus on the issues. “I’ve asked you those questions a hundred times

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/ted-cruz-sean-hannity-clash-trump-222195#ixzz46T0mIdXY 
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #4849

Sean Hannity has been ruthless in his efforts to try to get Cruz mad on TV or radio. He interrupts, keeps demanding an answer to his rude questions and persistent questions about Trump’s allegations against him which are frivolous and demeaning. Thankfully, Cruz has not given him what he wants.

As Cruz said from the beginning, we have to put on the whole armor of God and then STAND! It has made me angry that the likes of Santorum and Huckabee would ridicule Cruz, men who are supposed to be Christians, themselves, trying to publicly demean a brother in Christ? I wonder how they’ll answer that one on the judgment day? I heard someone say that Huckabee shows that he is a better Christian on his show that he is in person. Talk about a hypocrite!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

rodamala #4856

I have seen multiple reports on this “blowup” like Hannity called out Ted Cruz, or “pantsed” him or something… but what I see is Ted totally owning the conversation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.