Cruz Slams Obama for Transgender Bathroom Directive: ‘Dangerous Departure’…

Source: The Blaze | May 13, 2016 | Oliver Darcy

Cruz Slams Obama for Transgender Bathroom Directive: ‘Dangerous Departure’ From ‘Common Sense’

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) skewered President Barack Obama for his administration’s transgender bathroom directive, saying in a statement that it represented a “dangerous departure” from “common sense” that “must not stand.”

“America has woken up to yet another example of President Barack Obama doing through executive fiat what he cannot get done through our democratic process,” said Cruz, a former candidate for the Republican nomination. “Today, he decreed that schools across the country must allow men and boys to use the restrooms, locker rooms, and shower facilities previously reserved for girls. Not only is this decree contrary to law, but it makes no sense.”

“There is a reason that we give girls access to their own changing rooms: It is for their privacy, safety, and security,” he added. “The administration’s dangerous departure from that common-sense norm must not stand.”

…..

“I encourage every school superintendent, school board, and parent across this nation to disregard this barely veiled threat from the White House aimed at overturning the utterly reasonable practice of preventing men and boys from entering girls’ restrooms and changing rooms,” he said.

“As a father of young girls, I wouldn’t want my daughters being forced to change in the same room as men and boys. It’s that simple,” Cruz added. “And parents across this country shouldn’t have to tolerate it either.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.