Cruz still 'assessing' whether to support Trump

Source: The Hill | June 7, 2016 | Rebecca Savransky

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Tuesday he is still considering whether to support his former rival Donald Trump for president.

“Like many other voters, I’m watching and listening and assessing what he says and what he does and I think that’s what millions of voters are doing and that’s the way the Democratic process is meant to operate,” Cruz said, according to MSNBC.

“I think voters are going to do that from now right until Election Day, and I’m giving it time and watching and assessing.”

….

Cruz told MSNBC that he is focused on “defending conservative principles,” noting he thinks the party’s platform should reflect those principles.

“I am fighting for those principles now in the United States Senate. I had hoped to fight for them and implement those principles from the White House,” he said.

“It turned out that was not the way the election went and so I’m back here in the Senate working hard to fight for those very same principles.”

He said the American people are looking for a leader who will “get Washington off of our backs, that will bring back jobs and economic growth, that will defend the Constitution and that will keep this country safe.”

“And I hope that’s what we end up with,” Cruz said.

….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6844

EVERYDAY #6856

Ted Cruz would be foolish to support Trump. Doing so will anger and disappoint Cruz’s diehard fans. As Cruz gears up for re-election to the Senate, he cannot afford to antagonize his supporters.

Cruz has a track record of putting the people before his party. If he endorses Trump, he will have put the party before the people. His reputation as a champion of the people will be irrevocably damaged.

And then there is the matter of Trump’s vicious campaign against Cruz — spreading lies and distortions about Cruz, his wife and his father. People say he should forget about all that — let bygones be bygones — but if he does, then he shows his family is less important than politics. A real man fiercely defends his family no matter what the cost.

Endorsing Trump would be stupid. I cannot believe Ted Cruz would be that stupid.

ConstitutionalConservative #6857

If Cruz supports Trump I will be sorely disappointed I don’t see how in good conscience he could do that, Trump is anti-conservative any effort he may make in that direction will be a lie, honestly I don’t see what there is left is to assess, is it possible Trump will somehow become a better candidate, I think not.

From my personal assessment I strongly believe Trump has already peaked, it is downhill from here, the only thing left to determine is will his decent be rapid or painfully slow, I think the faster the better and Cruz should do all he can to hasten it. Hillary is going to win if all things remain the same, even if indicted an action at this point I think will only rally the leftist to her rescue; most likely violently. Such an event now would only serve to increase her momentum, the media is prepared for it and the hard core Bernie supporters will be all in, it is a no-brainer Sanders will eventually support and defend Hillary under any circumstance, that is how insane the current state of affairs is.

I think Cruz should firmly and descriptively disavow Trump now, the longer he waits the more likely he will be blamed for Hillary winning. Besides that as a leader he needs to be out front setting the example and rallying conservatives (come what may) to stand against the beast.

slhancock1948 #6875

Ted, don’t do it! You have nothing to gain by doing that. Stay the course! Maybe and with a little help from God, we’ll still get you as our nominee. Let’s give the delegates a chance to speak in their vote,

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.