Cruz to Endorse in CO Senate Race

Source: National Review | June 17, 2016 | Eliana Johnson

Ted Cruz is set to wade back into politics after a brief respite with an endorsement for Colorado GOP Senate candidate Darryl Glenn.

The endorsement will almost certainly be a boon for Glenn, a county commissioner, former city councilman, and an Air Force veteran who was until recently considered a long-shot candidate. At the end of March, he had just $11,000 in his campaign account. Then he secured a spot on the ballot with a surprise victory at the GOP state convention in early April, where he delivered a rousing speech in which he sounded some Cruz-ite themes including the role of his faith and his opposition to government funding for Planned Parenthood; he called himself an “unapologetic Christian, constitutional, pro-life, Second Amendment-loving America.” It helped him blow out his competitors: He took a whopping 70 percent of the votes from the delegates present.

….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7108

Consistent #7109

Conservatives across the nation are united in our fight for liberty. As we look to the future together, it’s crucial we elect strong, unapologetic conservatives to the U.S. Senate.

Darryl demonstrated he has earned the support of the grassroots in Colorado by winning 70% of the votes cast by delegates at the Colorado GOP convention in April. That’s one of the many reasons why, today, I’m proud to endorse Darryl Glenn for the United States Senate.

Darryl is a father, small businessman, and a public servant. A retired Lt. Colonel in the US Air Force, Darryl knows the value of freedom, and will take the fight to Washington for policies that bring back economic growth and preserve our individual liberties.

Colorado is a critical battleground state in 2016, and you can be sure Democrats will pour in unlimited resources to defend the incumbent. That’s why I’m supporting a conservative fighter like Darryl Glenn to take them on.

I’m standing with Darryl Glenn, and plan to campaign alongside him in the Centennial State. I’m asking Coloradans to join me in supporting Darryl because when conservatives stand united, we win.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.