CRUZ: Today We Celebrate the Gifts God Has Bestowed on Us

Source: Cruz News | February 9, 2016 |

Commemorates Fat Tuesday and Ash Wednesday

HOUSTON, Texas – Presidential candidate Ted Cruz today released the following statement on Fat Tuesday and in advance of Ash Wednesday:

“Today Christians across the country celebrate Fat Tuesday in anticipation of the liturgical season of Lent. It is a day to enjoy the gifts God has given us on this earth – and to do so with joy and gratitude.

“As we approach Ash Wednesday, many Christians practice the tradition of uniting with Christ’s fasting for 40 days in the desert, taking time to reflect on Christ’s ultimate gift to us – his sacrifice on the cross – and offering up something in their own lives in remembrance of his suffering. I hope that this season of Lent, especially during this Year of Mercy, brings much healing and reconciliation to all those who seek God with a humble heart. May it be a time for us to hold close to the promise of 2 Chronicles 7:14, ‘If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.’”

###

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #765

2 Chronicles 7:14

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.