Cruz: Trump Can’t Beat Hillary Because He Agrees With Her and Can’t Attack Her

Source: Breitbart News | February 26, 2016 | Ian Hanchett

….

Cruz said, after stating he would release his tax forms, and that if Trump is being audited, it gives more of a reason for him to release his tax returns, because the voters should know if there is fraud, “n the last 10 polls on Real Clear Politics he’s [Trump’s] lost to Hillary on eight of them. In the last 10 polls on Real Clear Politics, I either tied or beat Hillary, and this is an example. You know, the mainstream media’s laying off Donald now. They’re going to pick apart his taxes. They’re going pick apart his business deals. And let’s take, for example, one of Hillary as great vulnerabilities, the corruption at the Clinton Foundation, the fact she had CEOs and foreign companies giving her money, while she was secretary of state. The next Republican nominee needs to be able to make that case against Hillary. And if Donald tried to did it, Hillary would turn to Donald and say, but gosh, Donald, you gave $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation. I even went to your wedding.’ He can’t prosecute the case against Hillary, and we risk another four years of these failed Obama policies by nominating someone who loses to Hillary Clinton in November.”

….

Cruz then referenced the lawsuit against Trump University, saying, “It’s a fraud case. His lawyers have scheduled the trial for July. I want you think about, if this man is the nominee, having the Republican nominee on the stand in court being cross-examined about whether he committed fraud. You don’t think the mainstream media will go crazy on that? And on substance, how do we nominate a candidate, who has said Hillary Clinton was the best secretary of state of modern times, who agreed with her on foreign policy, who agrees with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) on healthcare, who agreed with Barack Obama on the Wall Street bailout. If — we’ve got to win this election, and we can’t do it with a candidate who agrees with Hillary Clinton and can’t take it to her, and beat her on the debate stage, and at the polls.”

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1643

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.