Cruz's NY Trump Card? Party Registration Rules May be Achilles Heel for The…

Source: Conservative Review | April 8, 2016 | Phil Shiver

Cruz’s NY Trump Card? Party Registration Rules May be Achilles Heel for The Donald

Strict voter registration rules for New York’s primary could end up badly hurting Donald Trump. Voters previously unaffiliated with a political party were required to register with a party before Oct. 9th of last year in order to vote in this year’s primary. 

This spells bad news for Trump who draws significant support from new and unaffiliated voters.

….

How likely is it that Trump was able to notify unaffiliated voters of the deadline and mobilize them to register with the Republican party? Not likely, says RedState, noting that Trump hadn’t officially started a campaign operation in the state until Wednesday.

It turns out the strict registration rules are even more of an issue in a state like New York, where 27 percent of the state’s potential voters were registered outside the Republican and Democratic parties as of April 2016.

….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4064

It seems that we are going to have a ‘Wheels-off’ party very soon!

Victoria #4066

“required to register with a party before Oct. 9th of last year in order to vote in this year’s primary. 27 percent of the state’s potential voters were registered outside the Republican and Democratic parties as of April 2016.”

I wrote on a thread here in the past few days, how important knowing election law is – if you are going to play the game, you have to know the rules in order to win.

The above quote means 27% of registered voters did not register for either party (they are independents) , so these people cannot vote in the primary. Then, there is no way Trump knew of the Oct. 9 deadline for registering for this primary, so his “new” voters can’t register now, so they can’t vote in this primary either.

Once Trump finds out about these election laws, he will start yelling, “Not fair! My voters should be allowed to vote! The GOP is unfair to me!”

This info. is really a help to Cruz. Already registered Republican voters are more likely to be actually conservative and vote for Cruz.

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

kleindropper #4073

I seem to remember Hannity touting that he is a registered Independent so I guess that means no Trump vote from him!

ConstitutionalConservative #4079

I can hear Trump now, Cruz is a liar, a cheater and a thief he is a dirty trickster and I don’t care about the rules; everybody loves me and wants to vote for me it is a silly rule, lying Ted knew about this rule and said nothing to anybody, people will riot at the poles if they can’t vote for me, I am not telling them to do that but that is what will happen.

The media will rush to Trumps defense asking Cruz are you a liar, a cheater and thief like Trump says, did you know about this rule and intentionally held back the fact from Trump, do want to be responsible for riots at polling places, what will you do to make this right will you apologize.

Cruz will just respond, listen when I got in the race I deliberately made it my business to know the rules I assumed as a successful business man Trump did the same you know he consistently demonstrated he is far from ready to be president and Hillary will beat him badly because she knows the rules and is adept at getting around them employing the most devious devices, you know like having a host of dead voters and all.

Just having a little fun but this is why Ted Cruz is so confident he knows exactly what’s going on and where he really stands, he may be behind but he has strategies very few understand until after he deploys. They never acknowledge how smart and purposeful he is until after the fact, after it is to late. Is it any wonder Trump is going insane right before our eyes.

ConservativeGranny #4109

This is just too funny. This post made my day:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.