Cuomo says he won't resign amid sexual harassment allegations

Source: The Hill | March 3, 2021 | Tal Axelrod

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) on Wednesday said that he will not resign despite growing bipartisan criticism over sexual harassment allegations leveled against him by three women.

“Some politicians will always play politics. That’s the nature of the beast. I don’t think today is a day for politics. I wasn’t elected by politicians, I was elected by the people of the state of New York. I’m not going to resign. I work for the people of the state of New York, they elected me, and I’m going to serve the people of the state of New York,” Cuomo said at a press conference.

The defiant stance comes amid mushrooming pressure from New York Republicans — and a growing number of Democrats — for him to leave office over the claims, as well as over unrelated reports on his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in nursing homes last year.

Cuomo is facing allegations from three women who accuse him, among other things, of kissing an aide on the mouth without consent, asking another aide inappropriate questions about her sex life and making unwanted sexual advances toward a woman he met at a wedding.

Letitia James, New York’s Democratic attorney general, has opened up an independent investigation into the claims.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #47754

Consistent #47755

EVERYDAY #47764

I dont like him at all, but I think he’s right to not fold his tent. Too many are believing these women simply because they are women. Not that I think Cuomo is necessarily innocent, but I would rather see hard evidence before arbitrarily making a judgment as to his guilt or innocence.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.