Dean resigns over university's decision to not allow on-campus Chick-fil-A

Source: The Hill | March 6, 2019 | Avery Anapol

A dean at Rider University in New Jersey has resigned in opposition to the school’s decision to not allow an on-campus Chick-fil-A because of the company’s associated views on homosexuality.

Cynthia Newman, former dean of Rider University’s College of Business Administration, confirmed to The Associated Press that she stepped down last month and will return to her faculty position. Her resignation was first reported by conservative college news site Campus Reform.

Citing her Christian values, Newman said she took the university’s opposition to Chick-fil-A “very personally.”

“I felt like I had been punched in the stomach when I read that statement because I am a very committed Christian,” she said of the school’s announcement that they would not consider the restaurant due to its associated values.

Last year, university officials backtracked on the possibility of bringing a Chick-fil-A to campus over the company’s stance on LGBTQ rights, despite the student body overwhelmingly indicating in a survey that they wanted the chain at Rider.

University administrators then removed Chick-fil-A as an option in a second version of the survey, telling students that they sought to be “faithful to our values of inclusion.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28253

EVERYDAY #28261

Good for her. The Dean stood up for what is right.

Shameful that the university reversed a decision made by the students to being CFA to the campus. I wonder who, if anyone, put pressure on the powers that be to ignore the wishes of the students to cater to a perverted minority of big mouths. Or maybe some of those “powers” are a part of that minority.

“Inclusion.” I guess that word applies only to certain noisy whiners. The majority doesn’t count.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.