DeSantis issues statewide order to stay at home

Source: Politico | April 1, 2020 | Matt Dixon

TALLAHASSEE — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday issued a statewide state-at-home order amid growing national scrutiny of his handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

DeSantis said he made the decision after President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced the extension of federal guidelines urging Americans to avoid travel and practice social distancing until April 30.

“I think that effectively means a national pause,” DeSantis told reporters Wednesday.

The order instructs senior citizens and people suffering from diabetes, obesity, cancer or other serious medical conditions to stay at home. Other residents are to limit activity outside their homes to “essential” trips and interactions.

The order’s list of essential activities includes religious services, pet care and recreation such as walking and swimming.

…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #37842

EVERYDAY #37844

About time.

ConservativeGranny #37853

First time I’ve seen being fat listed as a risk factor.

EVERYDAY #37855

Yeah, obesity wasn’t listed as a risk factor in my state’s order either. I suppose it’s because of the diseases associated with obesity — such as heart disease — which compelled its exclusion.

Consistent #37869

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.