DeSantis says Fauci caused a lot of ‘damage’

Source: The Hill | August 23, 2022 | Max Greenwood

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) hammered White House chief medical adviser Anthony Fauci on Tuesday, accusing the nation’s preeminent infectious disease expert of dealing “a lot of damage” to the country and Americans’ livelihoods with his approach to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I think he’s done a lot of damage,” DeSantis said on “Fox & Friends.” “I think he should have been gone long ago. And if you think about what he’s done with his arrogance, that’s part of the reason why he’s advocated policies that have been so destructive. He thinks people who disagree with him are somehow beneath him.” 

DeSantis described Fauci as the “driving force” behind a laundry list of policies that the Florida governor has denounced, including masking requirements for schoolchildren and restrictions that “cost people jobs” and “destroyed” businesses. 

……..

In recent days, he’s stumped for Republican candidates in key battleground states, most recently for Republican gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano in Pennsylvania and GOP Senate hopeful J.D. Vance in Ohio.

In his interview on “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday, DeSantis suggested that Republicans shouldn’t back away from their focus on Fauci despite his plans to leave federal service this year.

“I hope if Republicans take control that they will get to the bottom of everything, from the origins of COVID to all the manifest failures of the public health establishment, particularly Dr. Anthony Fauci,” he said.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #55146

Consistent #55147

Consistent #55148

EVERYDAY #55152

The damage was caused by DeSantis, Trump and others who refused to take the virus seriously, who defied recommendations by Dr. Fauci and others to mitigate the spread of the virus, and whose actions and inactions caused hundreds of thousands of people to die needlessly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.