DeVos calls on Trump to not use foul language

Source: CNN | March 12, 2018 | Donald Judd

Washington (CNN) – Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Monday criticized President Donald Trump’s use of vulgarity on the campaign trail to mock NBC News anchor Chuck Todd, pointing to “an opportunity and responsibility to be examples to our kids.”

While campaigning Saturday in western Pennsylvania for GOP congressional candidate Rick Saccone, Trump mocked the “Meet the Press” moderator, joking, “It’s 1999, I’m on Meet the Press, a show now headed by sleepy eyes Chuck Todd. He’s a sleeping son of a bitch. I’ll tell you.” In the past, Trump has jabbed Todd for looking “sleepy” on Twitter.

Todd’s NBC colleague Savannah Guthrie pressed DeVos on the President’s remarks during an interview Monday, asking, “I wonder, as the education secretary, who’s in charge of what our kids learn, what do you think of that kind of language? Would you wash someone’s mouth out with soap?”

DeVos replied, “I would probably use different language myself,” before calling on adults to serve as good examples.

“That would include the President as well,” she added.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #22225

EVERYDAY #22230

Trump fans don’t think his swearing is such a big deal. They actually like his “plain speaking” and think it makes him tough.

I admit to using coarse language sometimes. It’s a nasty habit I’m trying to break. I’m not one to judge others who swear either.

But I’m not the President of the United States. In that capacity, Trump is supposed to lead by example. What kind of example does he set for our young people when he uses such language?

We have had tough leaders. But I’d say most of them conducted themselves publicly with class and decorum. They didn’t need vulgarity to lead from a position of strength.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.