Dhaka cafe attack ends with 20 hostages dead, 13 rescued

Source: CNN | July 2, 2016 | Saeed Ahmed, Madison Park and Farid Ahmed

Dhaka, Bangladesh (CNN) – Gunmen seized a bakery in the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka overnight, killing 20 hostages and two police officers in an hourslong standoff that ended Saturday morning, the military said.

Thirteen others were rescued from the Holey Artisan Bakery, officials said, with police raiding the eatery about 10 hours after the standoff began.

Gunmen stormed the bakery — an establishment popular with expats, situated in an upscale neighborhood that hosts nations’ embassies — Friday evening.

Six terrorists were killed and one was captured alive when commandos raided the restaurant Saturday morning, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.

“We were able to save 13 people, we weren’t able to save a few,” Hasina said at a news conference.

One Japanese national and two Sri Lankans were among the hostages rescued, officials from both nations said.

….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7533

Bangladesh terror attack ends in predictably horrible fashion
    posted at 8:31 am on July 2, 2016 by Jazz Shaw

While it doesn’t garner as many headlines as other troubled areas of the Muslim world, Bangladesh has been teetering on the brink of chaos for a while now. This attack took place on the same day that a Hindu priest was hacked to death by three men on bicycles while he was gathering flowers. The terrorists have been killing bloggers and activists who dare to speak out against Islamic terrorism or criticize them in any fashion. CNN is also reporting that there have been at least 35 “hacking deaths” in the past 14 months.

I would also note that this isn’t some small, remote location with little connection to the modern world. Bangladesh is the world’s eighth most populous country and the third most populous Muslim majority nation. Why do we need to highlight this? Because Islamic terrorism is not limited to one or two unstable, broken regions of the planet. While too many western leaders (including here in the United States) are loathe to point this out, we’re not dealing with a handful of disaffected radicals. This infection is spread across most of the Muslim world and the sooner we come to grips with that fact the better.

slhancock1948 #7536

The west is going to pay a significant price for their silence (encouragement of) Islamic terror and for allowing the Islamic world to descend into chaos, therefore spilling terrorists all over the world, in e very country. I am reading a book by Bill Randles, a pastor of a small Believers in Christ fellowship church in Marion, Iowa. He has several (lots) of really good youtube videos out. He brings a lot of historical detail into the modern era, tying God’s Word from the OT prophets to what is going on today.

I am about half way through his book (I think it was written in 2009/2010) called A Sword on the Land. I got it at Amazon. It is well worth the read. In it, you can see quite clearly that we are in the end of time. You can see that God’s blessing is OFF America and why…not just because of legalizing the dual abominations of abortion and homosexuality, but also because behind the scenes, in the political machinations that are hidden from the average American, the US government has been sticking it to Israel, tying her hands, forcing ungodly restrictions upon her, etc. We are going to be judged. It is going to be bad. Really bad! Scripture does not mince words when God is talking about judgment.

We were born into the most wonderful of countries, but we got lazy and we stopped paying attention to the character of the elected officials and whom they were associated with. We just sorta thought America was always going to be good. For the past 100 years, we’ve had leaders that have carried us down the path to destruction and it’s been so incremental that most people have not realized the depth of our depravity yet. We are still blaming others. We are blaming this party or that…this person or that. But we’re all guilty to some degree. We got lazy and we just started trying to hold the world out and keep ourselves safe. In the meantime, Israel has been shackled by our own leaders…most of whom have been looking for their own legacy instead of looking to God’s Word to understand what He says will come to pass.

This 4th of July is a mixed bag. We are no longer free. We are forced to comply with hundreds of 1000s of regulations on our lives, but given the impression of being free. Soon we’ll be forced to give up our guns, our homes, our lives to the government. Not sure if it will be an American one, the shadow Islamic one within our own borders, or another invading country, but we’ll soon find out. I pray for our children and grandchildren. I worry over what they’ll suffer and pray that whatever happens, their faith holds strong and brings them safely through.

I also worry that there will be some 4th of July celebrations here in America that will see terrorist attacks. This president has certainly encouraged them to be bold. There is no such thing as Islamic terror in their minds, so they are not preparing to protect us against any such thing. We are soft targets. This is what they like.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

EVERYDAY #7544

God has been extraordinarily patient with all of us. We humans would have run out of patience years ago. But I dobut all this will go on much longer, and the Lord may be ready to act.

I was thinking the other day about the story of Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah. I don’t have my Bible with me, but I believe it went something like this: Lot repeatedly asked God would he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if He found a certain number of righteous people there, and God responded that he would not for the sake of those righteous people. I think Lot started with a number, say, 50, and ended up with 5 or 10. Each time God’s answer was the same. He would not destroy those two cities for the sake of the righteous.

Of course, no one knows what God’s plans are, but I think it’s up to us to be ready. We should strive to be as righteous as we can be so that whatever God does, we will be saved.

slhancock1948 #7550

Actually, it was Abraham, when he was talking to the two angels, after they told him that God was going to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. He was concerned about Lot. God reassured him concerning Lot and his family. Even though Lot was spared, he made some really bad decisions and as a result, we have Ammon and Moab. They hate Israel and are part of the present day Jordan.

When you think about it, we are a lot like Lot today. Living in Sodom and Gomorrah, and even though we detest the lifestyle, we are compromised because we have allowed PC to get to the point that we cannot speak out without being persecuted. We hope to pass laws to protect us, but to rely on our elected officials to do what is right is a lost cause. They will NOT do anything that brings the ire of the LGBT against THEM. Just saying. Praise God for the few good men who speak out for righteousness’ sake. Too bad we didn’t see them as electable against Hillary, but instead chose an equally vile person. This will not end well.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

EVERYDAY #7553

Thank you for the correction. I should read my Bible more often. 😊

Consistent #7554

Consistent #7555

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.