Do Some Trump Supporters Need De-Programming?

Source: Blogging John | April 17, 2016 | John

Some of Donald Trump’s supporters support him because they have an idea about what he stands for that is not well informed, and their support may be changed fairly easily when some helpful information is given. I had a colleague like that – I sent him just one of the links found below and he reversed his opinion rather quickly and forcefully. But Trump also has a core of supporters who seem to be impervious to both facts and logic – you’ve probably experienced them, they’re not hard to find. Yet even those who seem to have an invincible ignorance might pick up a small seed that will germinate in time, perhaps set off by some event that confirms the truth of what they deny.

Donald’s followers like to repeat his claim about “lyin’ Ted,” which presumes that they are opposed to lying. If that were actually the case, they could not support Trump, so in making this charge they merely show themselves to be hypocrites. Here’s a short list of Trump’s lies:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/4834/trumps-101-lies-hank-berrien#.VxI9HqJvHHU.facebook

Odd that Trump somehow has a reputation for “telling it like it is.”

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/dec/21/2015-lie-year-donald-trump-campaign-misstatements/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX5dBzxKNOw

Here’s one about his big lie of election stealing in Colorado

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/04/trumps-big-colorado-lie/#st_refDomain=www.facebook.com&st_refQuery=

And the Trump University scam lie

http://therightscoop.com/watch-megyn-kelly-exposes-how-trump-is-lying-about-trump-university/

….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4672

silver pines #4673

Seems many FR Trumpanzees are stalled out in the third stage. Hope they find it within themselves to progress to the fourth and so on.

Victoria #4677

Silver Pines, you said, “Seems many FR Trumpanzees are stalled out in the third stage.”
    Did you read my post on a thread here about intelligence levels? Considering FR, those Trump people likely have IQs from the high 80s (we call that “dull normal”, and 90-105 (we call that normal/average). Normal/average actually goes to 110 but I don’t think anyone with 110 smarts would be taken in by Trump.

Smarter people, such as you and the rest here (including me), left FR because we saw the disconnect between a conservative and Trump – conservative and Trump is an oxymoron. These people with the disconnect Trump now in their blood, cannot be helped. Remember, I was a licensed EMT (emergency medical technician), and was trained to save lives – alas, I had to leave the FR terminally ill Trumpcult as there was/is no antidote/antibiotic for that terminal disease.

As a medical professional, I say, drink coffee and eat blueberries and sweet potatoes – they cure most everything and are good nutrition. :o)

rodamala #4691

Considering FR, those Trump people likely have IQs from the high 80s…

From my observations, the average IQ of the typical FR Trumpanzee is 71, “Borderline Moron”.

silver pines #4694

Considering FR, those Trump people likely have IQs from the high 80s…

From my observations, the average IQ of the typical FR Trumpanzee is 71, “Borderline Moron”.

For example:

Jim Robinson to Chong
    Those are the reasons why I now lean more to Trump. Still like Cruz too, but like him less every time he lies about Trump’s stated position on any of the above. Also, Cruz has no realistic chance of winning the nomination by vote, so he’s now partnering up with the enemy traitors (the GOPe) to try to steal it at the convention. If Cruz can steal it from the guy who won the most votes, the most delegates and the most states, there’s nothing stopping the GOP bosses (the guys who own and control the party and the convention and make up the rules as they go) from stealing it from Cruz and giving it to one of their own. That makes Cruz an all around loser. And shafts the entire country. He should drop the GOPe and team up with Trump before it’s too late.

Post Reply | Private Reply | To 900 | View Replies

EVERYDAY #4695

Dropping out and teaming up with Trump is a common refrain among the Trumpbots. It goes along with “Cruz will never win the nomination” or “Cruz can’t beat Hillary (or Bernie).” I suppose it’s some effort at cheap psychological tricks to influence Ted’s supporters to give up and join Trump.

It doesn’t work.

rgintn #4772

the trumpkins have drunk the trump kool-aid. Not even photos of trump with the clintons awakes them from the trump worship.

Mark2959 #4807

“Seems many FR Trumpanzees are stalled out in the third stage. Hope they find it within themselves to progress to the fourth and so on.”

LOL. I was just banned from posting there today. Of course the rational side of me wants Cruz to take the nomination on the 2nd ballot at the convention. But there’s some sick side of me that hopes Trump wins and gets trounced in the general election just to see them cry about it.

silver pines #4811

“Seems many FR Trumpanzees are stalled out in the third stage. Hope they find it within themselves to progress to the fourth and so on.”

LOL. I was just banned from posting there today. Of course the rational side of me wants Cruz to take the nomination on the 2nd ballot at the convention. But there’s some sick side of me that hopes Trump wins and gets trounced in the general election just to see them cry about it.

LOL!

Welcome, Mark. Yeah, I know how you feel. Either way, we’re guaranteed some schadenfreude…whether Trump loses the nomination, wins the nom and loses the election, or somehow goes all the way and then reverts to type. 🙂

Glad to see you here. I was CatherineofAragon at FR. I saw that thread…looks like Jim might have to change his tagline, because he’s become the tyrant he says people should resist.

Make yourself right at home. There’s no groupthink here, no pinging of hyena packs, and no screaming at you if you voice dissent.

Mark2959 #4814

“Glad to see you here. I was CatherineofAragon at FR.”

Oh cool, you mailed me the link to this site. I was Durbin at FR. thanks for having me.

silver pines #4816

“As a medical professional, I say, drink coffee and eat blueberries and sweet potatoes – they cure most everything and are good nutrition. :o)”

First of all….let me say HECK YES. Especially the coffee. It’s good for what ails you and brings joy in the morning.

Victoria, I didn’t see your post about intelligence levels (I’ve been all over the place lately), but I’ll look for it. The phrase “dull normal” instantly made an image of a yahoo in a red Trump cap flash into my mind.

I find myself completely unable to stop being stunned that so many people have fallen for the Manhattan BS artist. Every day, I get up and there I am…stunned all over again.

silver pines #4817

“Glad to see you here. I was CatherineofAragon at FR.”

Oh cool, you mailed me the link to this site. I was Durbin at FR. thanks for having me.

Oh, you’re welcome….Consistent put this place together for us when it became clear that conservatives were going to be the next purge targets at FR. It’s been really good to be able to continue on here.

Victoria #4828

Hi, Mark, used to be Durbin. I was my real name, Marcella, on the other site. I wasn’t banned but quit posting on political threads due to the viterol on there and was not going to vote for Trump and if I said that, I would have been banned. Glad to have you here.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.