Dolly Parton on COVID-19 vaccine: 'I'm not going to jump the line just because I could'

Source: The Hill | February 2, 2021 | Judy Kurtz

Dolly Parton says she’s eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine but hasn’t gotten it yet because she doesn’t want to give the appearance she’s “jumping the line” after helping fund its development.

“I’m not going to get mine until some more people get theirs,” the “Jolene” singer told The Associated Press in an interview published Tuesday.

Last year, Parton helped fund research for Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine, donating $1 million to the effort.

“I don’t want it to look like I’m jumping the line just because I donated money. I’m very funny about that,” Parton said.

The songwriter and actress noted that after celebrating her 75th birthday last month, she could have legally received her vaccination a week ago.

“I was going to do it on my birthday, and I thought, ‘Nah, don’t do that. You’ll look like you’re just doing a show.’ None of my work is really like that. I wasn’t doing it for a show,” Parton said.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.