Don Lemon: 'Right-winger' responsible for synagogue shooting; 'I don't see Democrats killing people'

Source: The Hill | October 30, 2018 | Joe Concha

CNN anchor Don Lemon said Monday night that you can’t compare a supporter of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) who attempted to kill Republican lawmakers last year to a “right-winger” suspected in the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting and the “right-winger” who allegedly sent bombs to the network and Democrats.

Lemon added during a panel discussion on his primetime program that he doesn’t “see Democrats killing people.” 

The debate began after CNN political commentator Mark Shields argued that assigning blame to anyone but the shooter in the Saturday massacre in Pittsburgh is “outrageous” and “disgusting.”

Lemon disagreed, stating the Sanders supporter who wounded four Republicans including House Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) during a congressional baseball practice can’t be compared to the suspected synagogue shooter or the Florida man who allegedly who sent pipe bombs to prominent Democrats and CNN because “Bernie Sanders is not the president of the United States.”

“This is not equal,” Lemon said after some back-and-forth with Shields. “The right-wing group killed a woman in Charlottesville. This guy is a right-winger who killed the people in the synagogue. The right-winger sent bombs to CNN and to Democrats.”

“I don’t see Democrats killing people because of political, yeah —- maybe Democratic operatives who are out there.”

“But they tried to,” Shields corrected.

“Okay, they tried to, and that’s not right,” Lemon replied. “But for the most part, what do you see here, Mike? You see these extreme right-wingers and then instead of denouncing them and saying it’s just wrong, you make people think that it’s okay, that you’re making an excuse for, because then you go, ‘But what about the Democrats?’ when is no comparison. There is no equivalence there!”

Shields insisted he was not excusing anything and was only attempting to make a point around rhetoric from both sides contributing to the rising political temperature in the country.

The debate came before outgoing U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley took to Twitter to call out those pointing the finger at President Trump’s rhetoric for the synagogue shooting, noting that former President Obama was not blamed after a mass shooting at an African-American church in Charleston, S.C., during his time in office.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26214

EVERYDAY #26229

Don Lemon is a complete idiot. Thank God I got rid of my expanded cable package which included CNN, Fox and the other alleged “news” networks. One should never rely on the talking heads employed by these networks to form one’s political views.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.