Donald Trump Doesn’t Know What To Call the West Bank

Source: Forward | April 14, 2016 | Josh Nathan-Kazis

Partway through a Trump Tower interview with two dozen reporters and ultra-Orthodox activists Thursday afternoon, the leading Republican candidate for president deferred to a real estate attorney for help answering a question about Israel.

“Jason, how would you respond to that?” Trump asked, gesturing to the chief legal officer of the Trump Organization, Jason Greenblatt.

A Forward reporter had asked Trump what phrase he would use to describe the land east of Israel’s Green Line, which demarcates the country’s pre-1967 borders and is variously referred to as the West Bank, occupied territories, Judea and Samaria and Palestine.

It was a question meant to elicit a specific response on a politically freighted issue. Essentially, Trump didn’t answer.

The GOP candidate responded that there are “many words that I’ve seen to describe it,” before deferring to Greenblatt.

Greenblatt said that he wouldn’t call the land the “occupied territories,” and that too much time was spent “getting hung up on terminology.”

Asked whether that represented his official position, Trump said that Greenblatt, who he called “one of the great real estate lawyers of the city of New York,” would “understand it better than me.” Trump said that Greenblatt travels to Israel once a year, and that he and a bankruptcy attorney named David M. Friedman are his close advisers on Israel-related Issues.

….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4466

Victoria #4472

Asked that question, I would say, “That land is Israel.” That’s it. I’m fairly sure Trump has no idea where that land is or its history so I will write it and maybe he will read it. :o) In 1967, Israel was attacked on all sides by the Arab countries that surround it. With God’s help, Israel ended up with that territory which they once had in Biblical times before the Arabs took it. The Arabs have wanted that land back and still do. Well, Israel is not giving it back as they got it back during that war they did not start. It gives them the boundary with Jordan and Israeli military is always there on the border.

Why does Israel claim that land? Here is proof that land was Israel’s since Old Testament times:

Joseph’s Tomb is there.

The Cave of Machpelah in Hebron (in the West Bank) is one of the holiest places in the Land of Israel. It is the burial place that Abraham purchased for his family after Sarah died (Genesis 23:8-17). Later, Isaac and Ishmael buried Abraham there (Gen. 25:9).
    Subsequently, it became the final resting place for all the patriarchs and matriarchs, except Rachel, who died near Bethlehem. It is called the Tomb of the Patriarchs.

Maybe Trump could fly his plane with the gold plated fixtures over there and go visit Joseph’s Tomb and the Tomb of the Patriarchs, THEN HE WOULD KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION – IT IS THE LAND OF ISRAEL.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.