Donald Trump Losing Female Voters With Attack on Appearance of Ted Cruz's Wife

Source: Christian Post | March 26, 2016 | Anugrah Kumar

While the majority of registered female voters have had an unfavorable view of Donald Trump, the Republican frontrunner could now further lose his women supporters to his rival Ted Cruz after his attack on Heidi Cruz’s appearance.

“I don’t make a habit out of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my family,” said Cruz, who was in Wisconsin Friday, about supporting the billionaire businessman if he’s the Republican nominee, according to Chicago Tribune.

….

Repeated attacks on women could cost Trump votes.

“Suburban women have been a critical swing group in the past, and there’s a lot about Donald Trump that is offensive to them,” Geoff Garin, a Democratic pollster who served as a chief strategist to Clinton in 2008, told The New York Times.

A CNN poll released Thursday found that 73 percent of registered female voters in the country had an unfavorable view of the GOP frontrunner. “That gives him a huge number of voters he has to make up from somewhere,” American University political science professor Karen O’Connor was quoted as saying. “And I don’t know where they will come from.”

A CBS News/New York Times poll in October found that 57 percent of registered women voters had an unfavorable view of Trump, which has now increased to 63 percent, according to CBS News, which also noted that in a head-to-head match-up with Hillary Clinton, Trump trails 50 to 40 percent because of women, who give Clinton a whopping 20 point advantage over Trump – 55 to 35 percent.

….

Meanwhile, radio show host Glenn Beck said Trump is incompatible with Christians who take their faith seriously.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #3239

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.