Doubling Down: Steve Bannon Had Nothing To Do With Trump’s Success

Source: RedState | April 13, 2017 | Susan Wright

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer sat with Fox News’ Dana Perino on Wednesday night and doubled down on the narrative that former Breitbart CEO and current White House strategist Steve Bannon had little to do with Donald Trump’s success, as a candidate.

…..

Spicer said to Perino:

“[Trump] wants to make sure he’s very clear that he won this election because of the policies that he’s been laying out for decades and the commitment that he’s had to the American worker to growing our economy and keeping our country safe,” Spicer told host Dana Perino on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor.”

Spicer said the president “values Steve’s commitment” to executing the administration’s agenda, but said the line had been “blurred” regarding where the credit would go.

“And I think the line has been blurred up a little bit. He wanted to make it very clear. At the same time, express confidence in the team that’s here and the talent that he has assembled,” Spicer added.

It’s just like I’ve been saying: It’s all about feeding Trump’s ego, and the only ones safe from that are Ivanka, and her husband, Jared Kushner. They make the decisions and then tell Trump it was all his idea, allowing him to sign off on everything.

When Trump, himself, sat with the New York Post’s Michael Goodwin on Tuesday, he said:

“I like Steve, but you have to remember he was not involved in my campaign until very late,” Trump told Goodwin. “I had already beaten all the senators and all the governors, and I didn’t know Steve. I’m my own strategist and it wasn’t like I was going to change strategies because I was facing crooked Hillary.”

If you’re your own strategist, why did you bring Bannon on, in the first place? How did he make it from the campaign trail to the White House (as chief strategist, no less)?

…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #15086

ConservativeGranny #15092

Trump is very much an insecure little boy. This man has serious issues and it’s so obvious yet few talk about it openly.

Those who supported him for the most part are so much in denial they can’t handle accepting the truth about him so they spin, twist themselves into pretzels, deny there is a problem and change their beliefs which ever way Trump is heading on that particular day. If he now thinks NATO is great, so do they. If China is now our friend and ally that’s all due to Trump’s macho handling of it’s leader. If he presented a crap piece of healthcare legislation it’s conservatives fault for not going along with it. One broken promise after another, one reversal after another and they all follow him along off the cliff like a bunch of sheep.

Now Trump is playing at war games and enjoyed dropping bombs on Syria so much he unloaded a big one in Afghanistan. He has escalated tensions with NK. I have serous doubts that there is a method to his madness here or a plan of action that involves more than just a child playing with a bit of power and some new toys. If I believed the man was a responsible normal adult I wouldn’t be so worried.

Dom Ruinart #15098

Trump seems to have this gig down pretty good: just bomb a bunch of stuff and play golf.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.