Dumping Trump’s GOP

Source: RedState | June 9, 2016 | Dan Spencer

State Sen. David Johnson, one of the senior members of the Iowa Senate after serving 18 years in the Iowa Legislature, changed his voter registration on Tuesday from Republican to “no party.”Johnson hasn’t yet  decided yet whether he will quit the Republican Caucus in the Iowa Senate. Why did Johnson “suspend” his Republican Party membership?  To protest Donald Trump’s “racist remarks and Republican Party”:

“I will not stand silent if the party of Lincoln and the end of slavery buckles under the racial bias of a bigot,” Johnson said, referring to Trump. His criticism was prompted by Trump’s comments that federal Judge Gonzalo P. Curiel, who is presiding over a lawsuit involving the now-closed Trump University, was biased because of his Mexican heritage. The judge was born in the United States.

“Mark me down as Never Trump,” Johnson said. But Johnson also said he will never support Hillary Clinton, the likely Democratic Party nominee for president.

According to the Des Moines Register, Johnson will review his no-party status after the Republican National Convention plays out:

….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6906

EVERYDAY #6912

The time for forming a truly conservative party is now. We need to seize upon the anger and bitterness of conservative Republicans. Won’t do us much good for this year’s elections, but I believe if we start now while there are enough disgruntled voters, the new party could be a major force in 2020. This is a golden opportunity to bring many into the fold while the anger is still fresh. Otherwise, if we wait, people’s minds will wander elsewhere and it will be more difficult to get them excited about a viable alternative

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.