Erick Erickson: Damn Them For That (Racism)

Source: The Resurgent | June 4, 2016 | Erick Erickson

I am a talk radio host. I am a political commentator. I am a writer. I was once a lawyer and once an elected official. I have always voted Republican. I have tried my best at times to justify those things I thought I could justify or ignore those things that should be ignored in the spirit of helping my team and my side. But I have met the proverbial bridge too far with Donald Trump and I am ashamed and horrified at friends of mine and party leaders who will look the other way to justify Donald Trump.

….

The press loves to create racists from whole cloth. But now confronted by what is absolutely racist, the press and the Party of Lincoln will not make eye contact with it.

No, I am not talking about Donald Trump and his African American. I am talking about Donald Trump trying to get a federal judge to recuse himself from a legal case by attacking his Mexican heritage.

CBS News called it “another startling and racially charged missive from Trump”.

MSNBC declared it “racially charged.”

The Washington Post described it as“racially tinged attacks on a federal judge overseeing a pair of lawsuits against him.”

Even the New York Times wrote, “Mr. Trump again steered his pirate ship into uncharted waters, firing off personal and racially tinged attacks against a federal judge

These were not racially tinged or racially charged attacks.

This was racism plain and simple.

….

The attacks are racist. To claim that someone is unable to objectively and professional perform his job because of his race is racism.

And damn the GOP for its unwillingness to speak up on this. The leaders of the party, confronted by Todd Akin, abandoned ship for his stupid statements on rape and abortion. But the Party of Lincoln intends to circle the wagons around a racist. Damn them for that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.