Evangelicals and Politics

Source: | 7.10.2016 | vanity
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #7818

My husband was listening to a pretty good audio of Michelle Bachmann until it descended into Trump support. He was telling me about it while I was taking him to church early to set up his guitar equipment for the practice session.

It seems to my husband & I that evangelicals cannot or will not give up on the political process to win. We lose bigger each election and they stick their fingers in our eyes every time. I was one of those who thought that we just needed to change the system from within. Well, it is clearly apparent that they are NOT going to allow that, even if it means we conservatives abandon the GOP. In fact, that is what they really want. They do not want to give an inch to us and even if it means they are forever the minority party that is of no consequence to them.

We must convince Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, Dave Brat, et al to form a party for conservatives. Yes, it will be a minority party for a few years, but conservatives have been abandoning the GOP for some time because there is no backbone in the GOP to stand against tyranny. I believe that if we had real leadership in a 3rd party and those who ran on that party had to stand on those principles, it would grow.

It is distressing to see how many Christians are willing to throw in with the likes of Trump because he is not Hillary. I do not want a Hillary president, either, but to say that Trump is a viable candidate…the very one who has tried so very hard to throw the election to Hillary from the get-go, why would we give this man anything? He has not even sworn that he’d do the job if elected. He is running to give this to her. He is in this for her. If this is not a dastardly act, what is? And now the RNC are going to force the non-Trump supporters out? This is NOT America anymore, folks. It is over. Plain and simple. When they can say that of the 14 million votes Trump received, of which possibly 12 million of them were democrats that he won the majority of republican votes? In no universe did he win the majority of the REPUBLICAN vote. This is BS!

This is unconscionable. I plan to write all the conservatives in Congress and beg them to rethink how we go forward.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.