Ex-KKK leader David Duke: 'Donald Trump is not a racist'

Source: Politico | August 5, 2016 | Nick Gass

There will be no greater ally for a President Donald Trump in the United States Senate than ex-KKK Grand Wizard David Duke, the Republican Louisiana Senate candidate declared, remarking that the Republican nominee “is not a racist.”

“As a United States senator, nobody will be more supportive of his legislative agenda, his Supreme Court agenda than I will,” Duke said in an interview with NPR’s Steve Inskeep aired Friday on “Morning Edition.”

Duke continued, “I’m 100 percent behind it. I have a long record of being in favor of protecting our borders from this massive immigration.”

….

“I don’t know if he’s with me or not, but I would hope that he and others would realize the same lies they make about him is what they say about me,” Duke said. “I’ve always said that I’m equal rights for all people, but I also believe that European Americans shouldn’t be facing discrimination either, and I’m sick and tired of this very vicious anti-white narrative in our national media, in our movies.”

Republicans who have spoken out against Trump, Duke added, are “betraying the principles of the Republican Party and certainly conservatism.”

“These are just nothing more than epithets and vicious attacks. Donald Trump is not a racist. And the truth is, in this country, if you simply defend the heritage of European American people, then you’re automatically a racist,” Duke said. “There’s massive racial discrimination against European Americans, and that’s the reality.”

….

Asked whether he was referring to Jews, Duke remarked, “Or they’re from the Middle East, that’s not European. That’s not European. That’s Middle Eastern and they have a particular orientation for their positions and their programs.”

….

“We’ve done the analysis of what’s going on in Louisiana. We’ve already polled inside the Trump voters, and we know we’re gonna carry 75 to 80 percent of those who are going to vote for Trump,” Duke said.

Inskeep followed up: “You think Trump voters are your voters?”

“Well of course they are, because I represent the ideas of preserving this country and the heritage of this country and I think Trump represents that as well,” Duke responded.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #9009

slhancock1948 #9015

Now there’s an endorsement for you! LOL!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.