Ex-Trump official: ‘No. 1 national security threat I’ve ever seen’ is GOP

Source: The Hill | July 16, 2021 | Jordan Williams

A former Trump administration official is calling the Republican Party the “No. 1 national security threat.”

Miles Taylor, a former Department of Homeland Security (DHS) official, made the comment during a Thursday interview on MSNBC’s “The Reid Out.”

“I’ve spent my whole career not as a political operative. I’ve never worked on a campaign in my life other than campaigning against Trump. I’m a national security guy. I’ve worked in national security against ISIS, al Qaeda and Russia,” Taylor said.

“And the No. 1 national security threat I’ve ever seen in my life to this country’s democracy is the party that I’m in — the Republican Party. It is the No. 1 security national security threat to the United States of America,” he said.

Taylor further warned that the House would become a “haunted House” if the GOP regains control of the lower chamber. He added that if Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) became Speaker, it would represent former President “Trump’s hand on that Speaker’s gavel.”

“If Kevin McCarthy continues to pay homage to a twice-impeached presidential loser, I think should give all Americans pause and make them worry about the future of this country and national security,” Taylor concluded.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.