Excellent – Little Vignettes that Teach Political Truth!

Source: Steve Deace Show | unknown | Rev. Gary K. Gordon

http://stepstopoliticalepiphany.com/steps/5

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #8986

Go to the site and they are about 9-10 minutes each.  I suggest emailing them or posting them on your social media sites!  Excellent!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Woodcutter #8987

I watched part of the one you linked and found it very interesting. I will make a point to watch all 5 over the next couple of days…

Nobody wins voting for the
    “lesser of two evils”

slhancock1948 #8993

Thank you, Woodcutter! I think you will come away with a peace from it that only an honest Christian can. I fell for the McCain and Romney schemes, but this time I just could not. I’m not even sure we have a choice between the lesser of two evils. Every day Trump comes out against more republicans, especially the conservative ones and it really SHOULD be giving people pause…where are you, Phyllis Schafly?…but, instead they dig their heels in harder.

This guy clears all the confusion some might feel, and especially in regards to how one can vote morally. He recommends writing in the name of the person you could support, or just not voting for the men/women you cannot support for moral reasons. Then you pray that God’s will be done.

After Ted dropped out, Steve Deace said that we should not panic, but listen and wait for God to speak or act. I think we’ve never really put God to the test in the political arena…we’ve just felt stuck…as if God can’t act, or that He leaves that realm alone? I will be writing in Cruz, then I will continue to pray. I will post it to Facebook, as well.

Woodcutter #8996

I think we need to listen for God, and remember that He is all-powerful and all-knowing. Our prayers are very important.

I will write in Cruz as well; as Tony Macrini says, even if Cruz has no chance of winning, if he gets a significant number of write-in votes, people will notice and it can have an effect.

slhancock1948 #9006

Wouldn’t it be great if he got a few million votes as write-in? That would show the Cheeto Messiah that he was a failure in totally destroying Cruz.

Woodcutter #9025

I just watched Step 1 (“Something is Wrong”) about “situational ethics”:

http://stepstopoliticalepiphany.com/steps/1

It discusses the questions of right and wrong and whether there are absolutes or it’s all relative.

Woodcutter #9184

I just watched the second video (“Listen to Yourself”):

http://stepstopoliticalepiphany.com/steps/2

Voting for a candidate who doesn’t represent us, to get rid of a candidate that doesn’t represent us results in a government that doesn’t represent us.

slhancock1948 #9186

Yes, these are very good, and very timely. I admit that I have in the past felt that we had to vote the lesser of two evils to deny the democrat party from destroying America.however, as all can see, it has not worked and why would God intervene if we cannot even give Him a chance to work? If we cannot stand on principle and vote according to our conscience then we deserve the holocaust that is coming against Christians and Jews. Those of us with principle might at least have enough wisdom to explain why God is allowing such persecution to come. When we cannot put our faith in Him to work on our behalf, and that of our nation, then we are poor messengers of the Gospel of Christ and to His power to change lives.

Woodcutter #9318

Yes, it seems to be time to let go of the “lesser of two evils” argument.

I just watched the third video:

http://stepstopoliticalepiphany.com/steps/3

and it was the most interesting so far!

– Duverger’s law on two party systems
    – Peoples’ tendency to abandon better political candidates in favor of admittedly worse candidates who are supposedly more likely to win
    – How bad a crime does a Republican have to commit before we’ll stop supporting them (ie rewarding them with our votes)
    – If not supporting a Republican = supporting the Democrat, then not supporting the Democrat = supporting the Republican; how about not supporting either one?
    – We can always write-in a name instead of voting for one the the two “evils”

I was just watching a movie about Daniel in the lions den…

slhancock1948 #9347

These are good, aren’t they? Very freeing to the soul. It made it clear to me that voting for Trump was not necessary, nor was it moral, so follow my conscience.
    After the release of the news today, it made it even more clear to me that I cannot vote for Trump and feel perfectly calm about voting for Cruz. I understand the risks, but voting against my conscience was not an option. I’ll let God sort out the details,

Woodcutter #9861

The 4th video makes some very interesting points, including:
    – The “hard left” vs the “soft left”
    – Many people view politics as just another sporting event
    – Many religious leaders have not caught on to the gradual shift left
    – What can we do?

If I Were The Devil…

This is related to the “Overton Window” concept (http://www.mackinac.org/12481), which has been called “Very close to the same way many pastors are moving their flocks away from the true Gospel, to be more acceptable to more people….”

Here another description of the Overton Window: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

Woodcutter #9862

Here’s an interesting article on how Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders have both been pulling on the Overton Window in opposite directions:

How Trump and Sanders broke the Overton window

Woodcutter #10024

The fifth video asks: What happens to a child that is never told “NO?”

So long as they know you will vote for them, no matter what they do (as they are the “lesser of two evils”), they won’t have any reason to care what you think. [Have you ever written to your representative to express you opinion? What kind response did you get?]

The little-known secret to saving America begins around 6:34 in the video.

A guest appearance by former president Ronald Reagan starts at 14:45.

Woodcutter #10168

These videos clearly describe why we should not waste our votes by voting for the lesser of two evils.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.