Fauci bombshell: 'Not convinced' COVID-19 developed naturally outside Wuhan lab

Source: The Hill | May 24, 2021 | Christian Spencer

“I think we should continue to investigate what went on in China,” the leading infectious diseases expert said.

Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and President Biden’s chief medical adviser, is supporting an open investigation of the coronavirus origins, saying earlier this month he is “not convinced” it developed naturally.

When asked about whether the virus originated naturally, Fauci said that he wants to look closer into the matter, according to Fox News.

“I am not convinced about that. I think we should continue to investigate what went on in China until we continue to find out to the best of our ability what happened,” Fauci said, speaking to PolitiFact’s Katie Sanders at an event.

“Certainly, the people who investigated it say it likely was the emergence from an animal reservoir that then infected individuals, but it could have been something else, and we need to find that out. So, you know, that’s the reason why I said I’m perfectly in favor of any investigation that looks into the origin of the virus,” he continued.

As The Hill previously reported, Fauci and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) clashed over the role of a virology lab in Wuhan, China, in the origins of COVID-19.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.