Fauci: ‘Horrifying’ to hear CPAC crowd cheering anti-vaccination remarks

Source: The Hill | July 11, 2021 | Olafimihan Oshin

Anthony Fauci said on Sunday that he was horrified to hear the crowd at a conservative gathering this weekend cheering anti-vaccination comments.

“It’s horrifying. I mean, they are cheering about someone saying that it’s a good thing for people not to try and save their lives,” Fauci told host Jake Tapper on CNN’s “State of the Union,” referring to the audience’s reaction to remarks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Dallas.

Fauci also said that it was “almost frightening” for people to say that they don’t want health officials to save their lives.

“I mean, if you just unpack that for a second, Jake, it’s almost frightening to say, ‘Hey, guess what, we don’t want you to do something to save your life,'” Fauci said.

“Yay. Everybody starts screaming and clapping. I just don’t get that,” he added. “I don’t think that anybody who is thinking clearly can get that. What is that all about? I don’t understand that, Jake.”

Fauci was responding to a clip of conservative author Alex Berenson, who spoke at CPAC on Saturday. 

“The government was hoping that they could sort of sucker 90 percent of the population into getting vaccinated,” Berenson told the crowd.

“And it isn’t happening,” he added to applause. 

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49609

Consistent #49613

Consistent #49614

Consistent #49615

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.