Fauci: Receiving powder-filled envelope was 'very, very disturbing'

Source: The Hill | January 24, 2021 | Zack Budryk

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, said he received an envelope of powder from an unknown source at one point during the coronavirus pandemic.

He made the admission in an interview with The New York Times about his experiences working for former President Trump.

“One day I got a letter in the mail, I opened it up and a puff of powder came all over my face and my chest. That was very, very disturbing to me and my wife because it was in my office,” the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told the Times. “So I just looked at it all over me and said, ‘What do I do?’ The security detail was there, and they’re very experienced in that. They said, ‘Don’t move, stay in the room.’ And they got the hazmat people. So they came, they sprayed me down and all that.”

Fauci said the substance was tested and determined to be a “benign nothing” but that it was a frightening experience regardless. He added that he was unaware of whether Trump was briefed on the incident and said he did not alert anyone close to Trump.

“Who was I going to tell? What good would it be to tell anyone? Also, it was under FBI investigation, and they don’t like you to talk about it,” Fauci said.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #46797

Consistent #46805

EVERYDAY #46818

Now I’m wondering whether Trump might have been behind this powder incident and threats against Dr. Fauci and his family. Oh, I know Trump thought about having Dr. Fauci fired and he portrayed him as the enemy to his cult every chance he got. But I’m talking about actively conspiring with unknown persons to harass, threaten and maybe even harm Dr. Fauci and his family.

I wouldn’t put anything past the human traffic cone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.