Fauci: Smallpox wouldn’t have been eradicated with today’s ‘false info..’

Source: The Hill | July 18, 2021 | Mychael Schnell

Anthony Fauci said on Saturday that he thinks smallpox and polio would still be spreading in the U.S. if today’s “false information” was present then.

“If you look at the extraordinary historic success in eradicating smallpox and eliminating polio from most of the world, and we’re on the brink of eradicating polio, if we had the pushback for vaccines, the way we’re seeing on certain media, I don’t think it would have been possible at all to not only eradicate smallpox, we probably would still have smallpox and we probably would still have polio in this country,” Fauci, President Biden’s chief medical adviser, said in response to a question from “CNN Newsroom” host Jim Acosta.

“If we had the kind of false information that’s being spread now, if we had that back decades ago, I would be certain that we’d still have polio in this country,” he added.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49683

EVERYDAY #49686

False information is only part of it. My parents were from the Greatest Generation. They believed in doing, not agonizing and studying everything. They and their generation also had a strong sense of community. When I was a child, polio was the deadly disease. So when the Salk vaccine became available, my parents and others like them didn’t hesitate. They and we children lined up to be vaccinated. My parents knew they had to take a chance on the vaccine, not just to protect themselves and us kids, but for the everyone else.

We don’t have that kind of spirit today. All we have are whiny, selfish clods who only care about themselves and their “rights.” Trump started this genocide. The COVID deniers and anti-vaxers are his willing accomplices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.