Fauci tamps down fears of another coronavirus wave

Source: The Hill | April 6, 2021 | Dominick Mastrangelo

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, on Tuesday said he is confident the mass vaccination effort underway in the United States will prevent another “explosion” of coronavirus cases and a fourth deadly wave of the pandemic.

“As long as we keep vaccinating people efficiently and effectively, I don’t think that’s gonna happen,” Fauci said of a fourth wave during an appearance on MSNBC’s Morning Joe. “That doesn’t mean that we’re not going to still see an increase in cases.” 

Fauci said it will “remain to be seen” if there is an uptick in cases or if it will “explode into a real surge” as more states reopen their economies and relax public health guidelines.

“I think that the vaccine is gonna prevent that from happening,” he said. 

The White House early on Tuesday announced President Biden’s administration is moving up the target for all American adults to be eligible to receive a coronavirus vaccine to April 19, two weeks earlier than the last stated goal. 

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #48287

EVERYDAY #48288

I would agree with Dr. Fauci except for fools like my brother who refuse to be vaccinated. I think there are plenty like him and I believe they can spread the virus around enough to drive up the numbers.

Of course, I’m no expert as he is and I hope he’s right and I’m wrong.

ConservativeGranny #48296

I have his twin, the fool son-in-law who won’t get vaccinated either:(

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.