FBI searched home and office of lobbyist Trump denied knowing: report

Source: The Hill | January 3, 2020 | Alex Gangitano

The home and office of Michael Esposito, the lobbyist who claimed he had inside access to the Trump administration but whom the president denied knowing, was searched by the FBI, The Washington Post reported Friday.

FBI agents are investigating Esposito for evidence of possible fraud, whether by defrauding his clients or financial fraud. Agents went to his home in Virginia and his firm, Federal Advocates, at 1666 K St. NW on Thursday.

Federal Advocates did not immediately respond to The Hill’s request for comment and the FBI denied a request for comment.

The Washington Post reported in November that Federal Advocates has quadrupled its revenues by touting ties to Trump. Esposito advertised his relationship with the president’s son Eric Trump and his son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner. Both have denied knowing him.

Trump said in November that he did not know Esposito in response to the article.

“I don’t know, to the best of my knowledge, a man named Michael Esposito. I don’t like him using my name to build his consulting company, or whatever,” Trump tweeted at the time. “Please advise his clients and Administration officials accordingly.” 

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.