FBI: Tucson man arrested in conspiracy to commit terrorism in Arizona

Source: Arizona Republic | July 2, 2016 | Graig Graziosi and Jerod MacDonald-Evoy

Eighteen-year-old was arrested in Tucson, accused of plotting against government buildings in Maricopa and Pima counties.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Arizona Attorney General’s Office have arrested an 18-year-old Tucson man they say conspired to carry out acts of terrorism against government buildings in Maricopa and Pima counties.

Mahin Khan was arrested in Tucson following an investigation by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, according to the FBI. He was booked into Maricopa County jail on suspicion of conspiring to commit terrorism.

Attorney General’s Office spokeswoman Mia Garcia and FBI officials said Khan’s alleged plans did not involve the Fourth of July or any related festivities.

“The  Arizona Attorney General’s Office is working closely with federal authorities to keep Arizonans safe. We are not aware of any threats Khan made that involve the Fourth of July holiday weekend,” Garcia said.

….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7584

CA Surveyor #7598

Pima county has been a hotbed of terrorism since the mid ’60s.

Victoria #7604

Garland, Texas, is about 20 min. from my present house. Garland is where two terrorists were going inside a building where a drawing contest of Mohammed was going on, and they planned to kill those people. One policeman shot them to death before they got to the front door of that building. Some years ago, I lived in Garland and was a counselor/psychological examiner for three of Garland Schools.

If something like that happened that close to your house, what would you think from that point forward? That didn’t happen in New York City or Florida, it happened 20 min. from my house.

What are your thoughts about a happening close to you? Would you change anything in your life? Would you think differently?

Consistent #7631

Consistent #7633

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.