Fiorina planning to vote for Biden

Source: The Hill | June 25, 2020 | Tal Axelrod

Carly Fiorina, the former 2016 Republican presidential candidate and CEO of Hewlett-Packard, said in an interview published Thursday that she intends to vote for Democrat Joe Biden this November.

Fiorina, who was also briefly Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-Texas) prospective running mate in 2016, said she will not vote third party and that she’s been discouraged by President Trump’s conduct in office.

“I’ve been very clear that I can’t support Donald Trump,” Fiorina said in an interview on The Atlantic’s “The Ticket” podcast. “And elections are binary choices.” 

“As citizens, our vote is more than a check on a box. You know, it’s a statement about where we want to go, and I think what we need now actually is real leadership that can unify the country,” she added. “I am encouraged that Joe Biden is a person of humility and empathy and character. I think he’s demonstrated that through his life. And I think we need humility and empathy everywhere in public life right now. And I think character counts.”

…….

Fiorina said she was disappointed that fewer Republicans were speaking out against Trump but recognized they have to remain ingratiated with his fired-up base of voters, whom they’ll need to keep their own seats.

“I’ve been public in my disappointment about how few politicians have been willing to stand up and speak on values and principles,” she said. “But I understand it if you’re in politics, sadly. So I—people, I think, are tired of politics and politicians and whether they’re Democrats or Republicans. If you’re in politics, as Hillary Clinton used to say, you’re in it to win it.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #40494

Consistent #40498

Consistent #40500

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.