Following the News

Source: | 8/03/2017 | vanity

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #17902

It is disturbing to read anything these days. It is hard to tell the truth from hype. I cannot believe that this is America.  What we have become is so unbelievable, so despicable, so uncivil.

There is nowhere else to go, or believe me, I’d give it some thought. With my work schedule now, I rarely get to read news, but what is news, anyway? You listen to religious groups and Trump is the best thing in a long time. You read other sites and you cringe. Our whole society is crumbling, both within and without the church. It seems like we are living a nightmare.  Maybe it is just me, but I had hoped for better than this. 

I can’t help but think that we are on the edge of the 70th week of Daniel.  When you read how it will be in that day, it feels like we are there. If a peace treaty with Israel is signed anytime soon , then we’ll know we are there.  

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

slhancock1948 #17903

Don’t know what happened to my comments. They just disappeared!

slhancock1948 #17904

This was what I started out with, but it wasn’t there when it posted….

It is disturbing to read anything these days. It is hard to tell the truth from hype. I cannot believe that this is America.  What we have become is so unbelievable, so despicable, so uncivil.

There is nowhere else to go, or believe me, I’d give it some thought. With my work schedule now, I rarely get to read news, but what is news, anyway? You listen to religious groups and Trump is the best thing in a long time. You read other sites and you cringe. Our whole society is crumbling, both within and without the church. It seems like we are living a nightmare.  Maybe it is just me, but I had hoped for better than this. 

I can’t help but think that we are on the edge of the 70th week of Daniel.  When you read how it will be in that day, it feels like we are there. If a peace treaty with Israel is signed anytime soon , then we’ll know we are there.  

Consistent #17905

Don’t be dismayed. Listen to God only and you will be fine.

Consistent #17906

BTW, your first post is there.

EVERYDAY #17912

Well, I typed out my 2 cents here, and my comment vanished too. I’m blaming this on the new laptop I bought. I have been away from a real keyboard for years and it’s hard to get used to it again after hunting and pecking on my phone and tablet.

Anyhow, I understand that these days it’s not so easy to tell what news is real or fake. Trump fans have a simple rule: If the story is unfavorable to Trump, it’s fake news. If the story is favorable to him, it’s real. Of course, that isn’t true at all.

Journalism today is not what it used to be, probably because the universities which teach it are almost all dens of liberalism and communism. And the media organizations themselves have biases, and as their employee, a journalist is expected to perpetrate that bias. Fox News called itself fair and balanced, but it hasn’t been either for a long time — if it ever was. You have to do your own investigating and that may be difficult to do when you can’t find sources you can trust. Plus how many of us have the time to do our own research? Even though I am retired, I can’t always examine a story more closely.

I too had hoped things would improve once the 8-year nightmare of Obama was over, but it has become worse. Obama has done more to set the races against each other than even the Ku Klux Klan. And that hostility now cuts across not only racial lines, but religious, political and every other line. Before, the theme was “Gimme. I was oppressed, so you owe me something.” The theme today is, “I was oppressed by Obama, so now I want revenge. And if you aren’t with me, you are a traitor and I’m going after you too.”

Like Obama, Trump fosters this hatred and revenge. Like Obama, he won’t admit it. He will blame everyone else, especially the Democrats, but his rhetoric has incited violence in his worshipers too.

No, you can’t even trust many of our religious leaders. So many of them have been induced by Satan to abandon God and worship at the feet of the Human Traffic Cone. Since you have no one else to trust, trust in the Lord and in His word. I believe the end is coming, but I also believe His promise that the righteous will be saved. God’s word got me through the hell of Obama’s presidency. It can get us all though these bad times too. God will prevail and so will we.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by EVERYDAY. Reason: I can't type!
    slhancock1948 #17939

Yes, for those for which Jesus said, “Be Careful that you be not deceived…” I can only say that many are putting their trust in “man”, not in our LORD! This election has brought me out of the religious reading of the so-called news and into listening more to certain pastors that I trust and reading my Bible more, talking to God on my way to work. When I first went back to work, the thing I missed most was not being able to keep up with the news. Now I do not miss it. It is disturbing in MANY ways. Seeing the reaction to the news by believers tells a lot about where Christianity is in America, and it is not in a good place. I am grateful to those of you here. At work I can only read, bc it doesn’t allow me to access with my password to make comments. But I read yours. It is comforting to know that we are of a faithful remnant. And for the few that may not be believers, they are sensible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.