Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson announces White House bid

Source: The Hill | April 2, 2023 | Rachel Scully

Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Sunday announced that he is running for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, officially joining Former President Trump and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley in the primary contest.

During an interview on ABC’s “This Week,” Hutchinson told host Jonathan Karl that he was going to run for the 2024 GOP nomination, saying he is “convinced that people want leaders that appeal to the best of America.”

“I am going to be running. And the reason, as I’ve traveled the country for six months, I hear people talk about the leadership of our country, and I’m convinced that people want leaders that appeal to the best of America, and not simply appeal to our worst instincts,” the former governor said. “I believe I can be that kind of leader for the people of America.”

Hutchinson said he will make a formal announcement later this month in Bentonville, Arkansas.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #57697

Consistent #57700

EVERYDAY #57701

Hutchinson has a snowball’s chance in hell of getting the nomination. Besides, I’ve already decided to never vote for a Republican ever again. Non-Trumpies in the GOP are tainted by Trump and his cult. I wouldn’t trust anyone in that party, Maga or not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.