Former Cruz campaign officials push for delegate coup at GOP convention

Source: Washington Examiner | June 8, 2016 | Ryan Lovelace

Officials from Ted Cruz’s defunct presidential campaign are talking up the possibility of a coup at next month’s Republican convention in Cleveland.

Bob Vander Plaats, a former national co-chair of Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign, told NBC that “everything’s got to be on the table” when it comes to exempting delegates from supporting Donald Trump at the convention.

On Tuesday, Cruz’s New Jersey state director Steve Lonegan called for a “delegate revolt.”

“I would love to see a revolt,” he told CNN. “It’s time for the Republican Party to get some backbone and stand up against this guy.”

Steve Deace, a prominent conservative radio host and former member of Cruz’s Iowa statewide leadership team, has called on the delegates to the GOP convention to “declare your independence.”

“You can end this and it’s on you to do so. The rules permit you to do so,” Deace said addressing the delegates via his radio show. “You have a choice to make: You can suffer the wrath of Trump’s cult now, or you can suffer the wrath of the American voter later.”

….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6897

ConstitutionalConservative #6901

There is no winner in this war till the last battle has been fought, the situation is dire, the stakes are too high. No Surrender!
    KEEP FIGHTING, KEEP PUSHING!

Victoria #6921

The country’s only hope is for the at large delegates to vote for Cruz on the first ballot to keep Trump from getting the number he needs, then, on the next ballot, the delegates are released and they all vote for Cruz. That would save the country – so it likely won’t happen. Too many people would have to think ahead and there aren’t that many smart enough to do it.

That system was put in place in order to give the delegates the power to prevent disaster in the choice of president/vice president. In my entire 83 years of life, this is the one time to use that safeguard to prevent Trump the maniac (that is my opinion) from becoming president.

ConstitutionalConservative #6936

Victoria Wrote:

In my entire 83 years of life, this is the one time to use that safeguard to prevent Trump the maniac (that is my opinion) from becoming president.

Eighty Three years of experience, observation and knowledge is indeed most precious to those of us who value good order, reason and common sense. All I gotta say about a convention coup to nominate Cruz is: GO FOR IT!

There is everything to gain, nothing to lose that isn’t already lost if (God Forbid) hillary or trump are given the reigns of power to finish the destruction of our floundering Republic.

Victoria #6940

CC, I am watching Trump right now talk to “Faith and Freedom Event”. He is trying to use teleprompters, looking from side to side to try to read them, as his sentences are complete but it seems he does not know what they say as they are “dead” sounding, just speaking one word after another with little to no inflection, no emphasis anywhere.

Yesterday, I heard him complain about how Clinton reads from teleprompters but she is great compared to him. I just finished hearing her talk to Planned Parenthood and she is fine using those prompts.

Trump says he will defend Christian America, give parents control of schools. Going to lift up the whole country. End of speech. It was obvious someone else wrote that speech and he read it as it was written. It was boring as his delivery was flat. If he keeps using prompts with flat delivery, people will stop coming to his gatherings.

The truth of the matter is, Trump is a fake – he is a changing color lizard and you never know what color you are going to get and you can’t believe any of the colors as they are all fake.

Just watched the first film of a shooting at Dallas Love Field Airport. Maybe 9 shots fired, no further info. at this time.

EVERYDAY #6942

Victoria, this was posted by CNN a few minutes ago:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/us/dallas-love-field-shooting/index.html

Victoria #6955

EVERYDAY, at Love Field, the “domestic dispute” “father’ smashed the car with big rocks and I would bet if the wife’s head had been near him, he would have smashed that, too. I haven’t heard if he lived after being shot numerous times because he kept charging toward the cop.

Life these days is different than it was one year ago and different than that another year ago and different than that a year before that. That tells us life is NEVER normal, we just say that to feel better.

We use schedules to make life sound “normal” – a calendar, a clock face, an hour hand, minute hand. We say it is normal to have lunch at noon.

We have all these “normal” indulgences, however, we don’t know what a “normal” human is because there has never been one. It is impossible for a person to be normal because every single person is one of a kind – each is normal only to itself – we have forgotten the uniqueness of each person and try to fit people into this mold or that mold.

Each person’s uniqueness is evident to God as He made it possible. God also gave intelligence to humans and St. Thomas Aquinas explains – this unique intelligence automatically moves toward good for the individual and good for all on earth. WHERE DID THIS GOOD FOR ONE AND FOR ALL GO?

In my opinion, humans became so bound up in “it” (“it” being everything on this earth they want), that they are stuck on “it”, bound to this earth by its “its”. Human good requires higher thinking and doing – buying an “it” just requires money. We have become Sodom and Gomorrah, thinking only of ourselves and bringing the country to its demise.

Consistent #6964

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.